Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Half Brother

I recently finished the book Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel. I really enjoyed reading this book because it showed how you can go from not caring about anything, to caring more about it than anything else. By the end of the book Ben and Zan became so close. I not only worried for Zan, but for Ben too. He cared about Zan more than anyone. One thing I learned from this book was how smart monkeys/apes really are. I think the title of this book is perfect. Zan really turned out to be Ben's "half brother". I really enjoyed this book because you never really knew what was going to happen next. Was Zan going to come back home? Will the project continue? These were both questions that I kept thinking throughtout the book, and I was happy with the way they turned out in the end. The main problem in this book is Zan, he is such a smart monkey everyone wants to see him and learn more. Zan's new family had to fight to keep him. They wanted what was best for Zan, and that's what they got in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Who would you recommend this book to? I've never read this book and I don't really know if I should or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5+
    Nice job of telling what you thought of the book without giving everything away. This book was described by some students as a "crying book" when I booktalked it. Did it make you cry? Miss N :)

    ReplyDelete