Monday, December 9, 2013

Between Shades of Gray

I think the book "Between Shades of Gray" is a very touching book, I did not know very much about the Holocaust before reading this book and it was very shocking to hear what all happened during this time in the world. I really like the character in this book who's point of view it comes from. She tells everything that is happening so well you can almost feel and image what is going on. I really like the way the author tells the story in my mind, I think of it this way: When something in some way similar to something that has happened to the character in the book (that is happening now) she relates it back to a happy time. For example if she smells or hears something that reminds her of a special time, the book goes back and tells a short story of that happy or special time. I think the characters in this book make the best out of what is happening, they always remind each other how much they love one another and how important it is to stay together. If I was in the situation they are in I would definitely want their attitude! I think in the end of the book everyone that has been living with each other for so long in the small camps,  will make it back to their original homes or they will all make a place where people can live if their homes have been ruined. In the story so far everyone has grown so close, if everyone does end up living close I don't think anyone would mind living with their new "family". One thing I don't like about this book is how cruel some of the people are. These cruel people are the ones that are taking over everything, (keep in mind this is during the Holocaust.) they don't care about anything or anyone else. It's hard to imagine how terrible it must have been during this time.

1 comment:

  1. 4+
    This book actually is not about the Holocaust. I think it's set in Russia after the Holocaust is over. They had to deal with many of the same kinds of struggles, but it's a much different setting. Let's talk about it!

    ReplyDelete