Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wonder

 10/1/13
 Dear Mrs.Nelson, So far I am really enjoying this book! I love the way the author tells the story. Every 4-5 chapters it switches from one characters point of view to another. The first time this happened I was confused about why Auggie was talking about all these things but then I realized it was his sister telling the story!
       I personally think Auggie handles his "problem" very well most of the time. He knows he's different and accepts it. Auggie's mom and dad are very supportive over him, if there is something he doesn't feel comfortable doing they understand. If I was Auggie in this story I would love to have his sister. She talks to him when no one else does, she doesn't see him the way everyone else does and loves him no matter what. 
           Some of the characters in the story really annoy my they act one way around Auggie and another way when he's gone. When they say something about him and the way he looks it makes me sad because they don't even know him, and according to the book he sounds like a really fun guy! 
             If I met Auggie in real life I would talk to him about how he handles everything, and how he does such a good job. Not in a rude way but I would also ask him about his condition. I don't really think the author does such a good job explaining it. But from what the author does tell it is an extremely rare case, which makes me want to learn more! I can't wait to find out what happens next in this story! I think they should make a second book related to this, but with another interesting character. 


                                                      Sincerely, Jillian Dunlap

1 comment:

  1. 5+
    I loved this book. I think what I loved most about it was that the characters seemed real to me. I think they all react to Auggie in a very real way. I like how the characters aren't all good or all bad, but they have different sides, just like real people. I would hope that I would be Auggie's friend, but I know that it's not that easy. This book made me think about how I react in real life to people who look different. I hope reading it made me a better person.
    Write soon!
    Miss N
    :)

    ReplyDelete