Monday, October 21, 2013

Big Science

    During this project I learned about lots of things that were "big" problems. For example: I had no idea how much pollution 1 person created in one year! Dealing with biotechnology food, I have heard about certain foods with special growth hormones, but never really knew what it meant. I learned more about DNA and ways that could eventually help thousands of very sick people. 
         In this unit we learned about 4 topics: Biotechnology Food, Space, Biotechnology Medicine, and an Environmental car. First we learned about each topic.( Biotech food and medicine both dealt with genetically engineering DNA found in both food and medicine. Space talked about how the U.S hasn't worked with space for a long time and how we need to learn more. Environmental Car focused on the idea of pollution. )
      After we learned about each topic we had to choose which one we believed was the biggest problem in our world. Each group chose a topic and debated for why they thought their idea was the best. (I chose Biotechnology Medicine!) After we all agreed in someway we talked about why this was such a huge problem. At the end of this unit we made a poster to tell about how and why we felt so strongly about what we chose. 
        I think the government should fund for biotechnology medicine. It would help so many people and hopefully find cures for serious diseases so no one will have to struggle. (Cancer, Diabetes, Lukemia, etc.)
But I also think the government has enough on their hands, all of these Big Science issues would be great to explore, but there is other things we need to finish first.


5 comments:

  1. You met the requirements! I think that you could have added more pictures though! It was really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it met most of the requirements. I would put a little more detail into the description of Big Science Unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you did a pretty good job! I would just explain the unit a little more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The requirements in your mind were prominent. You followed them and explained the unit to me.

    ReplyDelete