Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jillian Dunlap
8/28/13
       
       

 The Dead and The Gone

                   I really enjoyed reading this book because it made me think of how lucky certain people are, and how when things get harder we don't appreciate what we have. The characters in this book are in a situation where when they start running out of the things they really need, they have to choose whats best for the family. (To send a member of the family away so everyone can get their needs.)
                  I think the characters in the book handle things pretty well for all thats happened. If it were me I probably wouldn't have made it that far. If my parents disappeared and never came home I don't even know what I would do! 
                   I think this book makes a great point on how we need to take care of our world and appreciate it while we still have it! I don't think anything this dramatic would happen but you never know! 
                  I think the worst part about this book is how the family treats each other in the beginning. The younger sister and older brother are constantly arguing, they all think different things will happen. Bree  (The oldest sister, also the only name I can remember!) won't think any different than the mom and dad will come home. Her believing this causes her and the younger sister to argue. 
                  When Bree gets sent off to a cult things get better and worse at the same time. The younger sister and the older brother learn to get along better, there is more food to spare. But the "world ending problem" gets worse. When Bree eventually comes home everything pretty much goes back to how it did before she left, which seems like the best way for the family.
                    I just finished the 3rd book and can't wait to read the 4th!!
                             
      
                                                                                       Sincerely, Jillian Dunlap
           


1 comment:

  1. 5+
    I got the 4th book for my library. Hopefully you'll get your hands on it soon! I thought this series was interesting... I had never read books like them before. The idea makes me a little scared though because I think I'd be really unprepared to live in a world after a catastrophe like that. I think I need to start learning how to chop wood! ;)
    Write soon!
    Miss N
    :)

    ReplyDelete